Your All Critters Veterinary Hospital team has a wide range of surgical capabilities. Whether we suggest a procedure during your critter’s wellness and preventive visit, or you’ve come to us with concerns, we know that any surgical procedure is an important family decision. That’s why Dr. Valerius and our veterinary team will always discuss the pros and cons of surgical options and answer all of your questions.
Our Most Common Soft Tissue Surgical Procedures
- Spay and neuter: cats, dogs, sugar gliders, rabbits, raccoons, skunks, ferrets, and rats
- Mass removals
- Wound care
- Abscess removal
Laser Surgery—The Benefits
Once we fully evaluate each surgical option, we may find it’s best to use our in-house surgical laser. Laser surgery requires less anesthesia time, promotes faster healing, can improve the incision’s appearance, and speed up the overall length of the surgical procedure.
Your Pet’s Surgery—What To Expect
Throughout every step in your pet’s surgical process, your All Critters Veterinary Hospital family is focused on one thing—making sure your critter gets the best care. We achieve this by keeping your furry, scaly, or feathery pet comfortable before, during, and after the procedure; and when they’re ready to leave, you’ll have everything you need to provide them the best care at home.
- We will review any pre-surgical instructions, such as how long to fast your pet, with you as these may vary by species and procedure.
- Clients drop off their critter in the morning and are given an estimated time frame, including post-surgery recovery and observation time.
- Most procedures have your pet going home the same day.
- We perform pre-anesthetic bloodwork before all procedures. Depending on your pet's breed and/or temperament this may be scheduled for the same day as, or in advance of, their procedure.
- You’ll have a full picture of the total cost—no hidden fees.
- Your pet will receive supportive care throughout the procedure.
- One of our our caring registered veterinary technicians will monitor them the entire time.
- Each patient is sent home with after care instructions and any medications you may need to jumpstart the healing process,
- We’ll schedule rechecks and follow-ups as needed.
- Our team takes the time to answer any and all questions before you leave.